My class today
- Me: So when you see the 4 year old boy pull the little girl's hair...
- Students: He likes her!
- Me: Now they are around 11 or 12 and he grabs her arm and wrestles her to the ground even though she calls him a jerk and yells at him to leave her alone.
- Students: That is just how boys are.
- Me: Now they are 18 and he grabs her arm and--
- Students: Oh, that's not okay.
- Me: Really? How would he know? How would she know? How would you know? You just told me that for the first 17 years of these children's lives that you thought it was cute, sweet, and natural for a boy to grab a girl and be rough with her.
- Students: Oh.
- Me: Oh, is right.
Andrea Greb, You Are Not Blair Waldorf (via djprincessk)
straight people feeling left out over queer representation is my favorite form of comedy
Social anxiety isn’t “omg I hate people lol I wish I was sleeping and watching netflix!”.
It’s “I want desperately to be able to hang out with people but I hate the feeling of sheer panic and fear I get around them so I don’t/ can’t and it eats away at me every day so I end up just staying home and say I’m sleeping or watching something”
My boyfriend broke up with me and my 80 year old, 5 foot tall, Indian grandmother told me that “there are lots of men…”
I thought she was then going to say “…in the sea” but she said “…they’re like flies” and made a disgusted face.
She hates flies.
I like the sound of your grandmother.
im so glad im average looking bc i dont get hate for my looks and i also dont often get messages like “i want to shove my whole forearm into your asshole” so thats nice too
Friendly reminder that Dreamworks created a character who not only displayed everything that’s wrong with Nice Guy Syndrome, but also turned into a supervillian when he was friend zoned.
Mega Mind was such an important movie filled with so many important messages.
in this book i’m reading it says “he plucked a flower and stuck it in his buttonhole” and i completely misread it and now im laughing im actually 5 years old
i misread this too
I ALSO MISREAD IT